Sunday, November 2, 2008

Happy Halloween!

I hope everyone had a fun and exciting Halloween! It is my favorite holiday after Christmas! And it is a VERY close second!! This year our friends Lizzy and Rob Swenson threw a HUGE party Thursday night! It was so crazy and fun!!

We thought we were extra creative this year because we dressed up as Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac with golden parachutes strapped to our backs and Obama bucks stuffed in our pockets!! Well, few people actually got it...I guess we are the only ones who watch the news! It was pretty embarrassing when we had to take 10 mins to explain it to the "uninformed"! I think even after that, they still didn't get it...Oh well, we thought is was good! Thanks to the Copingas for the pic! (we forgot our camera)

On Thursday night, My mom cooked us a yummy Halloween dinner and we carved pumkins! I'm sorry, we are not that great at carving...

Rory wanted to wear his Fred Flinstone wig for fun!


Even Big Jake hung around for a bit before heading off to a party! My dad was also there, crackin' jokes over soup and talking politics of course! My sisters would recall his limo joke...oh yes, that came up! Rory had never heard it before, so it was a hit!


My parents' street was packed with trick-or-treaters because the neighbors across the way constructed this little haunted house in their garage. They had a guy with a chainsaw scaring all the kids! It was quite funny! We didn't get home until late but decided, since it was Saturday the next day, that we would rent a scary movie! Rory made us rent Steven King's "The Stand". I had no idea what it was about but dude...I'm probably a wuss but it was freaky! We only have watched half of it (it is about 6 hours long) but so far pretty good story line...maybe I'll read the book if I ever get time away from studying!

Overall, another great Halloween in the books!

1 comment:

Heather said...

Fannie and Freddie! haha. I am a banker, and I only wish I had come up with that costume! That is hilarious... even if no one else got it, it is still awesome!