Monday, May 24, 2010

Graduation and Job

Well, I just wanted to make a quick announcement. I realized that not everyone had heard yet, but I got a job! Two Mondays ago, I visited Nebo School District and got a job offer to work as a Speech Therapist at two of their high schools or one of their elementary schools. I thought I would have been thrilled about getting an offer, but there were some reservations with this one. Well, really just one reservation, the location. Nebo is in Spanish Fork and about one hour commute. That equals two hours of driving each day. So I told her I would take a few days and think about it. Rory and I considered our options, which even included moving to Utah County. That same day, I emailed everyone that I had interviewed with thus far. Long story short....Granite School District made me an offer two days later! Huge weight lifted to say the least! The week before, I was crying that I would never find a job. Well, after six interviews and tons of applications, I finally have a job!

Oh yes, May 6th, I graduated! I am now officially a Master! (in Speech Language Pathology in case you didn't know...) Here are some pics...



6 comments:

DC said...

Congratulations Court!! That is so awesome! That means you should move into granite district by us :).

DC said...

This is Annie by the way I guess I'm logged in under Danny. DC. We miss you guys and hope to see you at Kira's wedding in July.

Auntie Kelly said...

Great job Court! I'm proud of you :)

Annie Duckworth said...

Yay! Although we wish you would have moved to Utah county...

Bekah said...

Hurray! congrats on finally graduating, what an accomplishment. You are such a hard worker and deserve the best!

KM said...

Congratulations Court! Such a huge accomplishment! What school are you going to work for?