Monday, June 14, 2010

St. George

A week ago, Rory and I were fortunate enough to get out of town and visit St. George for a few days. It was really fun and really hot! The day we left (Sunday) was 109 degrees! Rory already posted a lot about our trip on his TRI blog...check it out:

We were able to do my first open water swim at Sand Hollow. It was actually really fun! The wetsuit really keeps you buoyant so it wasn't that hard! I only had to master sighting because I was zig-zagging all over the place! The bike ride after was tough! We looped around the lake in 100+ degree weather! I thought I was going to die!

Among other things, we went hiking up Snow Canyon. (Again, super hot...but we chose the middle of the day to go hiking....I would not recommend that!!)

Also, our niece Julia had her baptism while we were down there! She was so pretty in her white dress! We are so proud of her!

All in all, it was fun! Great to get away!
Check out Rory's shoes! Yes, he forgot his church shoes at home! He looked so funny! We love him though!

1 comment:

Auntie Kelly said...

Looks like you guys had lots of fun. Nice shoes Rory :)