Saturday, February 28, 2009

Burnin' down the house!


Yesterday was one for the books....I was just not having one of my better days! While playing board games with our friends, Issak and Beth, at our house last night, I thought I should make some popcorn. So I got a a bag and popped it in the microwave...not a hard task right? Well 3 minutes too long later, I saw in the corner of my eye smoke flooding the kitchen, pouring out from the microwave! Now from the time that I yelled "oh my gosh!", which set Rory and the rest of them in action, until a few minutes later that I was opening the doors, I really do not remember what happened! My mind is really a blank! Issak thinks I was just sitting there in shock for a few minutes! I really don't know...I remember grabbing a board game lid and waving at the smoke? Who knows! At least the others didn't freeze like me! All I know is that our house is still standing! I just can't wait for our the burnt popcorn smell to go away! It is pretty bad, especially down stairs in the kitchen!
It really was a day for fires, or "fire scares" I should say. At school in the morning, right in the middle of class, the fire alarms went off. The best was when my teacher said "oh, do we have to leave?" haha I love her though...I'm proud to say that I did not freeze then! I was actually one of the first people out of the building! We went back in after a few minutes, just a false alarm because they were testing the alarms. Although, during the rest of class, the fire alarm sounded about every 10 minutes! I got really annoying after a the first few!

1 comment:

3 Men & a Lady said...

Yikes! Glad everything is okay... minus the burnt popcorn smell!