Thursday, February 19, 2009

Jury Duty

Yes, I was called this week to serve jury duty on top of everything else going on in my life! School has been really crazy so when I received the summon, I about fell off my chair! This week, we had two scheduled exams! I luckily only had to serve yesterday and my tests were on Tuesday and today. It was a pretty interesting process to be honest with you. You go into the courtroom and they began the interviewing process. I just couldn't believe some people... you could tell they were saying just about ANYTHING to get out of being selected! Some lady all snotty said, "I just don't think I believe in our Judicial system." right to the judge! It was really funny to see the reaction on the judge's face. Needless to say, that lady wasn't picked so I guess she got what she wanted... humm some people. Well I found this funny cartoon that relates somewhat to my experience this week. :') Enjoy!

2 comments:

Annie Duckworth said...

I was summoned only once. I was pregnant and only had a couple of weeks left. When I called and told them that they let me off. Good for you for going. I could just see me going into labor or something.

bb,tonya and cam... said...

Hey I found you from Becca's blog! very cute blog by the way!