Monday, September 13, 2010

Check this out!

So I would normally never post any of these "before" pictures on (especially of me in a swimsuit); but I just had to show you our weight loss progress! Check it out

Before:



Rory wanted me to say that he was sucking it in for the picture above!

After:



About a year ago, Rory decided to really step up his efforts to loose weight. It has always been a battle for the both of us and Rory really went all out. As most of you know, Triathlons were his motivating source. Competition is marked within Rory's DNA so giving himself an outlet to be active with a competitive edge really encouraged him to stick with a routine of daily workouts and training. He has lost over 55 pounds! Yesterday, we decided to clean out our closet to get rid of all the clothes he just doesn't fit in anymore! Well, the picture above shows him now in what he used to wear this time last year! Last October or so, I remember he was complaining that he couldn't fit into any of his pants! He finally broke down and bought a bigger pair of pants, which are now featured in this AFTER picture. These pants signify Rory's peak of weight. I couldn't believe how much weight he had lost! It was really motivating for me to keep at it! I hope this helps any of you trying to loose weight! It really can be done! Just with a little hard work and dedication! Rory advises people to get something to keep you motivated, like TRIs are for him and plan an event like a 5k or Marathon. I am SO proud of you Rory! By the way...Rory is the skinniest now than ANYTIME I have EVER known him (9 years!). So amazing!

My weight loss is not so dramatic, but I am proud to say that I have lost about 10-12 lbs myself! Triathlons helped me also, but it wasn't until I started this UltraMetabolism diet that lbs started to shed off. It was about 5 pounds in the first two weeks, and now slowly 1-2 lbs per week since then. I haven't been good lately with training and workouts, but I just try to eat healthier including unprocessed and whole foods. I also tried on some pants yesterday, and these pants I'm trying on in the pic below are some I bought back in March. This was my PEAK and I just grew sick of not fitting into any of my work clothes, so I went out and bought these pair of pants. It was a good feeling to try them on now....

Before:

I remember feeling really fat that day in Bryce Canyon (about a year ago). I did not want any pictures taken of me! It really looks like I'm pregnant in this picture with my fat belly! It looks a lot worse blown up viewed full screen on my computer! Yuck.

and After:



Getting there....

9 comments:

Lacey said...

That's amazing! I'm so impressed! You look as skinny as you did in High school! You both look great! It must feel good after all the hard work.

Annie Duckworth said...

Great job guys! I'll bet you that in the next month I'll lose at least 12lbs. It will be a LOT of work but I think I can pull it off.

Auntie Kelly said...

You guys look great! Nice job!

Copinga's said...

Way to go guys!! That is awesome!

Scott and Cassidy Cowley said...

You two look FABULOUS!

Jamie and Lauren said...

Wow you guys! That is so awesome, I am so proud of both of you!! Keep up the good work- that is so motivating!

Eli and Ness said...

Nice work!

Jenn said...

Congrats to both of you :)

Jules AF said...

Way to go, Courtney!