Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Camping Mt Timp!

Well, with nothing better to do last weekend, Rory and I headed up American Fork Canyon Friday to beautiful Mt Timpanogos. We hoped to find a campsite but instead, all that was available were these "disperse-camping" areas. I'm not one for roughing it so we should have just left; but we gave it a shot anyway...What a MISTAKE! We had to hike in all of our crap up and down a steap hill, our spot was so slanted, and the mosquitos were so bad!!! Needless to say, we left first thing the next morning (yes, at 6:30 a.m. we were out of there; tent and all)!!
Isaak and Beth went up the next day as planned and FOUND a campsite at Timpanooke campground!! I couldn't believe it! We went up for dinner Saturday night and again Sunday afternoon to hike Sundance! It was a great hike and we had a lot of fun!!
When we arrived to the Waterfall, it started to rain like crazy!! We were soaking wet as we ran from the downpour! It was actually nice for me because, thanks to my mother's jeans, I don't sweat that much (just get red in the face), so the rain acted as a subsitute! Hutch hates any sort of water! He was squinting his eyes and was trying to run for cover! It was really funny...

2 comments:

Auntie Kelly said...

I was waiting for a new post. Sounds like you guys had fun. I hope you’re looking forward to camping in September. Give little Hutchie a hug for me. LY.

Lacey said...

Haven't seen you guys since Skyline days! I saw your comment on Tom and Ally's Blog! Thought I would check out your blog! Looks like things are going great for you guys! 1 year anniversary! That's so fun! Oh and your dog is so cute!