Saturday, May 2, 2009

Mexico can keep its Swine Flu! Eastern Caribbean here we come...

Wow... this has been a crazy experience with the swine flu and our Mexico cruise.The cruise company final updated our cruise with the new changed itinerary and it was horrible. We planned on going somewhere hot and sandy and they tried to send us somewhere cold and wet. The cruise told us we had 3 options

First: Go on the cruise with the new itinerary and they would also give us $100.

Second: Cancel our cruise and get a cruise line credit up to the value we paid.

Third: Change cruises. Pay the current price of the cruise (The prices suck being so close to our cruise date. We had booked our cruise a long time ago to get the great deal.) and get a crappy room because the ship is just about sold out.

Well with the scenarios above most would probably choose the second but with Courtney in grad school time off is very rare. We had been very excited for this trip. So of course I chose the third option: bite the bullet, pay more and move on. Don't worry I had 4 hours to decide because I was on the phone with Travelocity for 4 hrs & 6 Min's (good thing I have unlimited Min's). Everyone is canceling their Mexico trips and Travelocity's hold times were crazy.

If your wondering how our flights worked out that's my second part of this crazy story. We had free flights courtesy of my sister who is also coming on the cruise with us and Southwest was very nice on changing the flight except they only had 2 seats available two days before the Cruise and one seat the day before the cruise. With Courtney's finals she was unable to go on the first flight with me so my sister and I are going together and are going to get a hotel room and rental car and enjoy the Florida keys for a day.

The moral of the story is wash your hands. When you don't you might make someone like me go crazy trying to rebook there vacation. No but seriously I am very grateful it all worked out and at a crazy time like this we are able to take a fun vacation.

Since we went on our Mexico cruise last year, Courtney and I have fallin in love with cruising. below is our NEW cruise itinerary

Miami, FL
Half Moon Cay, Bahamas
Fun Day At Sea
St. Thomas, USVI
San Juan, Puerto Rico
Grand Turk
Fun Day At Sea
Miami, FL







(Some of last years cruise pictures)

4 comments:

Lacey said...

That's so crazy! Can't wait to see pictures from your cruise! Never been on one but everyone seems to love them! Have fun!!

Regan Duckworth said...

1. Thanks for inviting me.
2. Thanks for telling me when you will be out of town. I'll be by to clean you place out.

Bekah said...

I still am extremely jealous of you two. Isn't it crazy how things work out? You guys are going to have a great time.

Danny and Becky DuPaix said...

looks like so much fun! I herd St. Thomas is beautiful! We were going to ferry ride over there but didn't have time