Monday, June 9, 2008

May in Review

Well so far this summer has been really fun and eventful for us! Here's for all who want catch up on what we have been up to!
Feels good to finally graduate, even though I have two more years of grad school! I look forward to attending the U Speech Pathology program in the fall; but until then I'm soaking up every minute I have this summer! Talking about soaking-it-up, Rory and I along with my fam. headed for St. George a few weeks ago! It was so nice to have the whole family together again! It was great weather and we really enjoyed ourselves!
After the St. George weekend getaway, Rory and I decided to keep driving to San Diego and go on a Mexican Carnival Cruise!! We were already half-way to California and didn't want to go back to work in SLC so it just made sense!! It turned out to be one of our funnest trips together! The food was great and it was really relaxing!
The boat wasn't as bad as I thought it would be either! Our stateroom was very roomy and there were tons of things to do everyday!! I have to admit though that I did get sea sick. One would think all those trips to Lake Powell every year when I was young would cure all that?! Oh well, nothing a little Dramamine couldn't fix... Our first port-of-call was in Cabo San Lucas! We didn't plan any shore excursions, so instead we just hung out at this super nice resort all afternoon! Amazing food and great sunshine...well at least for me. Rory opted to rest under our own private cabana all afternoon drinking pina coladas (virgin of course).
Rory turned out to be quite the volunteer on the ship! Here he is with our cruise director Stew from down-unda during the very-excited horse racing activity, during which Rory annouced the beginning to every race with a creative hollar! I only wish I could have taken pics during the hypnotist where he was told to be Michael Jackson and dance across the stage to Thriller! It was hillarious!
Our second port-of-call was in Ensanada, Mexico. Rory rates this city one grade higher than TJ. It was pretty ghetto in town. We decided to venture off on a shopping tour to the famous blowhole, which turned out to be pretty disappointing! The shops were filled with people and and really annoying vendors! "Come buy a purse amigo...I'll give you a special price!" Whatever, everything was crap and totally a rip-off. So we didn't end up buying anything. Oh well. There's always TJ right?

1 comment:

Ryan, Helen and Kids said...

Looks like you guys had lots of fun! Congrats on graduating! Love The Ducks on the go!